Wessper AquaPro water filter cartridge bundle (black) (10 months of Wessper AquaPro) (4 cartridges)
This Wessper black water filter cartridge, water filter cartridge bundle has:
- Heavy metals
Cadmium, Calcium, Chlorine, Copper, Detergents, Heavy metals, Herbicides, Lead, Mercury, Pesticides, Rust, Sand, Sediment, Zinc
Active Carbon Filtration System, Ion Exchange Resin
|Number of filters|
How does the Wessper AquaPro compare?
|Contaminants filtered by other water filter cartridges||Contaminants filtered by Wessper AquaPro|
Cadmium occurs naturally in the Earth’s crust and soil, it has many practical uses such as in batteries, paints, pigments, coatings and some types of inexpensive jewellery. Low-level exposure to cadmium can decrease bone density, especially in growing bones in children. Cadmium also tends to build up in the kidney and is not filtered out of the body, and lifetime exposure can cause kidney disease.
Calcium is an alkaline metal that is essential for living organisms to survive, it is derived from nearly all rock with the greatest concentrations being in limestone and gypsum. Almost all (99%) of calcium within a human body is stored within bones and teeth, while the remaining 1% serves as a signal for vital physiological processes in human metabolism. Calcium makes hard water and is often filtered out of drinking water to prevent limescale. Calcium is not usually harmful to humans but too much can cause stomach pain and diarrhoea.
Chlorine is a pale green reactive gas which was used as a chemical warfare agent during World War 1, but it now used to disinfect water in the developed world and therefore enters drinking water via the disinfection process. While usually safe, Chlorinated water has been associated with an increased risk of bladder cancer over long periods of time.
Copper is a naturally occurring, used to make many products including plumbing systems, therefore, it can enter drinking water through household plumbing systems. Consuming copper long periods of time can cause a variety of illnesses, such as vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach cramps, nausea, liver damage and kidney disease.
Detergents are artificially created cleaning products that are regularly used to wash clothes worldwide, and they’re usually used in their powder or liquid forms. Detergents can enter drinking water due to how frequently they are used by human beings. However, in water contaminated by powdered detergents, there is a significant increase in levels of certain chemicals such as chloride, sulphate, carbonate and bicarbonate, while liquid detergents similarly contaminate water, it is a nominal increase. Preliminary reports suggest that cancer-causing chemicals such as NDMA and other nitrosamines can be created during the disinfection process.
Lead is a poisonous metal, the consumption of lead can cause long-term health and behavioural problems. There is no safe level of lead, it can damage the brain, kidneys and nervous system.
Mercury is an element that naturally occurs in rocks, soil, water, air and living beings. Short-term exposure can cause skin rashes, diarrhoea and respiratory distress. Long-term exposure can cause muscle tremors, irritability, personality changes and rashes. Mercury can also cause nerve damage and may cause a loss of sensitivity in the hands and feet, difficulty walking or slurred speech. Mercury consumption can also cause paralysis or death in rare cases.
Compatible water filter jugs
Water filter jugs that are compatible with this water filter cartridge.
More by brand
View more water filter cartridges, devices and tastes made by the same brand…
Frequently asked questions
Here are some of the most asked questions…